Menu

OUR
HISTORY

1793

Jean Delbos, a Bordeaux wine merchant bought the property, made up at the time of 24 hectares (60 acres) of vines.

1878

Architect Henri Duphot finished construction work on the present Chateau. Its neo-classical style is inspired by Tudor influences. The winemaking cellar was also built.

1907

Marie-Louise Delbos, Jean Delbos’s grand-daughter, married Étienne Bouteiller.

1960

Their son, Jean Bouteiller, gradually increased the size of the vineyard up to 80 hectares (nearly 200 acres), including the 45-hectare (110-acre) Lanessan vineyard. One notable addition was the vineyard of Château de Sainte Gemme and Lachesnaye.

1999

The estate’s second wine “Les Calèches de Lanessan” was launched.

2000

A major investment and technical development programme that allows Lanessan to keep up to date with the latest technology.

2004

Associated with the technical changes of the 2000s, the arrival of Eric Boissennot, an emblematic oenologist from the Médoc, who has been succeeding his father (Jacques) for more than 10 years, will bring a touch of modernity to the Grand Vin de Lanessan.

2009

The Bouteiller family decided to no longer manage the estate, and entrusted it to Ms. Paz Espejo, an oenologist from Madrid, who will hold her position until 2020.

2011

Lanessan is committed to a virtuous environmental process that will enable it to obtain the HVE3 label (High Environmental Value level 3), as well as the ISO 14001 level.

2012

Lanessan continues its technical evolution in line with the HVE3 label (soil work, preservation of fauna and flora) and is equipped with the optical-sorting process, in order to strive for ever greater precision in the selection of the berries that will be used to make the Grand Vin de Lanessan.
Lanessan is now equipped like the Grands Crus.

DÉCOUVREZ NOTRE TERROIR
VISITEZ NOTRE DOMAINE